BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office engineering firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation, civil/site engineering, construction engineering and inspection, water and wastewater engineering, GIS/asset management, structural engineering, landscape architecture and environmental services. Due to our continued growth for over 37 years, we have immediate openings for professionals ready to accelerate their career track. Contact us to see how you can join our dynamic team!
- Perform field inspection, including verifying the work is performed in accordance with the contract documents
- Measure quantities for payment
- Prepare required project documentation, including daily reports, and entering data into project records
- Mark up record set of drawings of any changes to the plan made it the field
- Keep track of time (labor and equipment) and materials for potential change orders
- Considerable knowledge of construction materials & methods and procedures
- Ability to prepare & maintain field and office records.
- Familiarity with ConnDOT Municipal Manual and four volume record system is preferred.
- Ability to perform complex quantity and engineering computations
- Ability to read & interpret plans and specifications
- Ability to deal effectively with people, communicate effective (written and oral) and possess superior organizational skills
- Must have proficient computer skills
- Must be able to work effectively to meet scheduling requirements and quality control standards
Education and Experience:
- Up to 5 years’ Connecticut Department of Transportation experience preferred in highway construction field inspection activities
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering preferred; will consider Associates Degree with appropriate experience
- NICET Level II Certification in Transportation/Highway Construction or higher required
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician certification preferred
- NETTCP HMA Paving Inspector certification preferred
- NETTCP Concrete Inspector certification preferred
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 20-INSP-03NH. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences, and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians, and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.