Document Control Coordinator
Eastern Massachusetts / full-time / ENV-21-00006
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at a well-respected, growing firm? Take the next step in your career at BETA. We are currently seeking a full-time Document Control Coordinator to join our growing team. In this position, you will be responsible for retrieving, storing, maintaining, and managing technical data in various paper and electronic formats. You will work closely with various resources to prepare, submit, and dispense technical documentation for transportation-related projects. Client communication through various forms of media, multiple software formats, and varied portals is a requirement. This position is currently remote due to COVID. Post COVID, the position will be located in Newton, MA.
- Maintain eBuilder Platform containing relevant documents and designs.
- Correspondence (Incoming/Outgoing) management; manage the receipt, filing, logging, and reconciliation of project correspondence.
- Requests for Information (RFIs), Requests for Waivers (RFWs), Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs) management. Manage the receipt, distribution, filing, logging, and reconciliation of RFIs/RFWs/NCRs to appropriate parties, and delegate logging/filing tasks to administration.
- Contractual file retention [emails, Risk Registers, Schedule of Values documents, Contract Deliverable Requirements List (CDRLs), Comment Resolution Forms (CRFs), and any other relevant project material.
- Management of submittal matrix(es) to track all relevant revisions of submittals.
- Manage Document Control Support; training, delegation of tasks, work oversight (review/feedback/correction if necessary) Planning and organization.
- QA/QC review of submittals and contract deliverables for completeness, save documents in correct file location, assigning correct file naming convention, create associated CRF by filling in the necessary fields/required information, and distribute documents for review.
- Distribution of “reminder emails”, per the contractual due dates, either daily or weekly, dependent on review workload.
- Receipt and logging of all review comments.
- Consolidation of review comments (reworking, editing, formatting, organizing, eliminating redundancies, and reviewing).
- Finalization of CRFs.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office
- Strong technical and critical thinking skills with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Enthusiasm to learn and willingness to take on responsibility
- Willing to work in a collaborative team environment
Education and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information technology, engineering ,or another related field is preferred.
- High school diploma/GED and relevant experience in document management / document control work may be substituted for educational requirement.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office engineering, landscape architecture, and planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering and planning, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design, & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences, and construction services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of engineers, scientists, planners, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
BETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now