Are you ready to learn from BETA’s experienced team of GIS professionals, planners, engineers, and landscape architects as an intern? Some of our longest tenured employees started as interns and are now enjoying a career with BETA, growing along with our team.
BETA is currently looking for an enthusiastic, positive, and detail-oriented intern to support our GIS/Asset Management Team. The candidate should be open to all aspects of engineering, GIS, and planning. This internship will include extensive field work.
- Serve in a field support role, working on interesting and technically challenging projects throughout Southern New England.
- Assist field staff and staff engineers with day-to-day project tasks.
- Conduct field evaluations related to roadway asset management and/or stormwater management projects.
- Expectations to meet with field personnel at BETA’s Lincoln RI office and travel to project site.
- Complete in-office GIS related tasks (when required).
- Candidates will be expected to work in a full-time capacity (40 hours per week). Candidates will be guaranteed a minimum of 28 hours a week.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn.
- Energetic/positive candidate comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
- Driver’s license, good driving record and access to a personal vehicle is highly preferred.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences, and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians, and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 20-GISINT-01CL-2. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.