Are you ready to learn from BETA’s experienced team of GIS professionals, planners, engineers, and landscape architects as an intern? Some of our longest tenured employees started as interns and are now enjoying a career with BETA, growing along with our team.
BETA is currently looking for an enthusiastic, positive, and detail-oriented intern to support our GIS/Asset Management Team. The candidate should be open to all aspects of engineering, GIS, and planning. This internship will include extensive field work.
- Serve in a field support role, working on interesting and technically challenging projects throughout Southern New England.
- Assist field staff and staff engineers with day-to-day project tasks.
- Conduct field evaluations related to roadway asset management and/or stormwater management projects.
- Expectations to meet with field personnel at BETA’s Lincoln RI office and travel to project site.
- Complete in-office GIS related tasks (when required).
- Candidates will be expected to work in a full-time capacity (40 hours per week). Candidates will be guaranteed a minimum of 28 hours a week.
- High school diploma required. Associates in Engineering/GIS or related preferred.
- Demonstrate initiative and willingness to learn.
- Energetic/positive candidate comfortable working in a collaborative team environment.
- Driver’s license, good driving record and access to a personal vehicle is highly preferred.
BETA Group, Inc. was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation engineering, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water and wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, GIS/asset management, and environmental services. BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Manchester, NH; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; and Hartford, CT and employs a staff of over 175 professional and support staff. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and ESOP options.
BETA is a leader in providing civil engineering and transportation planning and design services to municipalities and state agencies for over 35 years. Our clients turn to us for solutions that enable them to prioritize their needs, allocate funds appropriately, and address concerns efficiently. Our technology and expertise allow us to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 20-GISINT-01-CL. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.