BETA Group, Inc. is seeking an experienced Human Resources/Benefits Manager for our fast growing and ever-changing Engineering firm. We have an immediate opportunity for a motivated professional who possesses superior organizational, written and oral communication skills. BETA strives to hire employees who genuinely enjoy their work and who want to contribute to the overall quality of our employee-owned firm. We search for employees who wish to make a long-term career at BETA and who will invest in our company equally as much as we invest in our employees. This position is primarily located in our Lincoln, RI office, however there will be times that travel to other regional locations is required.
The Human Resources/Benefits Manager will administer the Human Resources (HR) and Benefits functions of the company including: recruitment, interviewing, hiring and terminations, talent management; benefits, leave requests, disseminating, interpreting and enforcing company policies and practices, reporting and ensuring compliance with Multi-State and Federal employment laws and regulations; and serving as a member on the Employee Engagement and Diversity, Inclusion and Equity Committees.
The Human Resources/Benefits Manager reports to the Vice President of Administration and Finance and is a full-time exempt position within our Lincoln Rhode office.
• Coordinates and negotiates annual employee benefit renewals
• Collaborates with payroll department
• Performs onboarding and orientation of new hires
• Administers and tracks FMLA & ADA requests
• Handles delicate and confidential employee circumstances and situations
• Coordinate recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of job applicants; collaborates with managers/supervisors to understand necessary skills and competencies required for open positions.
• Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
• Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and updates policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
• Administers Affirmative Action Plan and EEO-1 reporting
• Maintains annual 401k and ESOP census information
• Coordinates talent management program including employee performance and salary reviews
• Develop and update internal job descriptions
• Assists in the preparation and posting of job opening ads
• Coordinate university recruitment activities and staff local career fairs
• Serve on Employee Engagement and D, E & I Committees
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to prioritize tasks.
• Ability to act with sensitivity, integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations (RI, MA, CT and NH).
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
• Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organization’s HRIS and talent management systems.
• Experience utilizing Paychex Flex and Deltek Vision software a plus
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
• A minimum of 5 years of human resource management experience preferred.
• SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences, and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians, and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 21-HR-01RI-BS. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.