At BETA, we recognize our design concepts are just that, “design concepts”. The true challenge of the engineering profession is not only to produce sound and workable designs, but to also thoroughly understand and demonstrate the ability to take that visionary concept a step further into construction. By doing so, we pride ourselves in creating a fully completed and functional end-product for our clients. Our Construction Field Representatives/Resident Engineers help us bring those designs to life, acting as onsite facilitators and liaisons with not only our clients, but with the contractors as well. We do this by applying our proven experience in the construction industry, issuing knowledgeable real-time interpretations of the plans and specifications, providing compliance oversight to ensure quality results, recording the necessary reports and documentation as related to the construction, and resolving unanticipated issues that may arise during the course of a specific project.
If you’d like to be a part of taking a vision and making it a reality, BETA has the opportunity for you to join our team on a part or full-time basis. We have immediate employment opportunities for Construction Field Representatives / Resident Engineers for private, municipal, and agency-related utility (sewer/water/drainage), roadway and bridge, and site development projects.
- A practical knowledge of heavy construction means, methods, and materials
- A clear ability to understand and interpret design and construction related documents
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to prepare and maintain construction related documentation/reporting and coordinating field testing activities and work by other onsite subconsultants
- Must be independent, highly motivated self-starters with a willingness to travel locally and work more than 40-hours per week, possibly nights and weekends based on specific assignments
- Must have a strong work ethic with an attention to detail and an energetic positive attitude toward working with clients, contractors, regulatory agencies and the general public
- Proficient computer skills (MS Office – Word, Excel, etc.)
- Design, survey and CAD capabilities are desirable
- Prior experience with agency clients (i.e. MADOT, RIDOT, CTDOT, etc.) considered a plus
- Prior knowledge/experience in understanding and interpreting building codes considered a plus
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5 to 10 years of construction related experience for horizontal and/or vertical construction
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management, Civil/Transportation Engineering, Architectural Building Construction considered a plus. Will consider Associate Degree with appropriate experience
- Professional Registration and/or NICET certification considered a plus
- Specialty certifications (i.e. OSHA, ACI, NETTCP, ATSSA, etc.) considered a plus
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 20-CFR/RE-01BS-JR. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences, and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians, and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.