Are you looking for more responsibility and an opportunity advance your career? Do you like working with people? Do you feel like you aren’t being utilized to your abilities? This may be the opportunity you have been looking for.
BETA has been a leader in providing civil engineering and comprehensive asset management/GIS services to municipalities and state agencies for over a decade. Our clients turn to us for solutions that enable them to prioritize needs, allocate funds appropriately, and address concerns efficiently. Our technology and expertise allow us to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The ideal candidate must be a driven, enthusiastic, highly organized, detail-oriented engineer looking for an opportunity to move to the next stage of their career. This position plays a key role in servicing our growing client base across New England while providing technical expertise. The position will require the candidate to learn and utilize past engineering experience to connect opportunities between a number of departments within BETA.
The main responsibilities:
• Provide technical assistance on a variety of different projects, including transportation, pavement management, ADA and stormwater related projects.
• Work with multiple municipal clients, with a focus on Massachusetts
• Present project findings at client meetings
• Handle multiple ongoing projects at once and provide superior client service, strong communication, both internally and externally, and manage the technical aspects of the project or tasks assigned to you
• Working as part of our overall Asset Management team, provide technical support to offices located throughout New England
• Assist with Engineering related tasks, such as, reviewing/preparing bid documents and developing construction cost estimates
• Regional travel will be required (New England)
Skills & Abilities Required:
• A strong background in transportation/civil engineering.
• A working knowledge and past experience working with MassDOT standard specifications.
• Familiarity with ADA compliance and pavement engineering guidelines/standards.
• An understanding of roadway construction practices.
• Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills.
• The ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments at once.
• Bring your career to the next level.
• Contribute to project decisions regarding technical approach, cost and scheduling performance.
• Work and interact with clients to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget.
• Hands on training to become a successful project manager.
The fine print:
• Must have 4+ years of engineering related experience (Transportation/Roadway/Traffic Design)
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
• PE is a plus
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 19-SPE-01TG. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Candidates must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.
Why you want this job
BETA offers excellent benefits, along with profit sharing opportunities via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan structure. We will give you professional flexibility to pursue opportunities and build your project portfolio.
This position will provide you an opportunity to take on more responsibility and continue to grow your career. You will have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment and be exposed to a variety of engineering related projects.
About BETA Group, Inc.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering and Landscape Architecture firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Landscape Architecture, GIS/Asset Management, and the Environmental Sciences.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, MA; Hartford, CT; Manchester, NH; and Chicopee, MA and employs a staff of over 170 including Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and ESOP options.