Project Engineer – Traffic
Eastern Massachusetts / full-time / TRA-21-00005
Are you ready to be part of a dynamic team working on high-profile projects in the Traffic/Transportation Engineering field? Our Norwood, Massachusetts office has an immediate opening for a Traffic Project Engineer to join our Traffic team working on a variety of existing projects and providing a great opportunity for your career growth. The ideal candidate must be a driven, enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented engineer ready to move to the next stage of their career. The Traffic Project Engineer will play a key role in strengthening our service to a growing client base across New England by providing a key role in the technical design and development of projects while overseeing and mentoring younger staff. Collaboration within and between multiple disciplines within the company is a requisite key to our collective success. Travel within New England, as needed.
- Perform detailed engineering analysis tasks, such as traffic analysis; traffic signal sequencing, phasing and timing; traffic data collection; technical reports; and traffic modeling and simulation
- Prepare engineering plans including traffic signal design; intersection geometrics including Complete Streets principles; pavement markings and signage; and temporary traffic control and construction staging plans
- Assist in preparation of contract documents, including plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Provide technical assistance and lead technical aspects on multiple and a variety of transportation and transportation related projects
- Provide responsive client service and strong communication, both internally and externally
- Work as part of our overall design team, providing technical support to offices located throughout New England
Education and Experience:
- A strong background in traffic and transportation engineering
- Experience in Synchro/SimTraffic (Vissim experience favorable)
- Experience with AutoCAD (Civil3D and/or Microstation favorable)
- Proficiency with MUTCD standards and guidance
- Knowledge and experience working with MassDOT design policy guidelines and requirements preferred
- Must have 5+ years of engineering related experience (transportation/roadway/traffic design)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- EIT is required; PE is favorable.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Bring your career to the next level
- Contribute to project decisions regarding technical approach, cost, and meeting project milestone schedules
- Work and interact with your team to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget
- Conduct project presentations and build client service skills
- Gain hands-on training to become a successful project manager
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with generous company contributions
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) -100% Employee-Owned Firm
About BETA Group, Inc.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office engineering, landscape architecture, and planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering and planning, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design, & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences, and construction services. BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Boston, Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of engineers, scientists, planners, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers.
BETA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now