Project Manager – Transportation/Civil
Connecticut / full-time / 21-PE-03NH
Are you ready to take on high-profile projects in the Civil/Transportation Engineering field? Our Hartford, Connecticut office has an immediate opening for a Project Manager to join our team working on a variety of exciting projects and providing a great opportunity for your career growth.
The ideal candidate must be a driven, enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented engineer ready to move to the next stage of their career. This position will play a key role in servicing our growing client base across New England by providing technical design and development of projects while overseeing and mentoring younger staff. Collaboration between multiple disciplines within the company is required.
- Provide technical assistance and manage all aspects of multiple transportation and transportation related projects
- Perform detailed engineering tasks, such as the design, preparation of contract documents, development of construction cost estimates and specifications
- Provide responsive client service and strong communication, both internally and externally
- Work as part of a design team, providing technical support to offices located throughout New England
- Travel, as needed
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A strong background in transportation/civil engineering
- Excellent knowledge working with AutoCAD 3D, AASHTO and CTDOT design policy guidelines and requirements
- Familiarity with highway design, stormwater management, ADA compliance
- Thorough understanding of roadway construction practices
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Expertly manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Able to mentor and train younger staff
You will have the opportunity to:
- Bring your career to the next level
- Contribute to project decisions regarding technical approach, cost, and meeting project milestone schedules
- Work and interact with your team to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget
Education and Experience:
- Must have at least 15 years of related experience (transportation/roadway/traffic design)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- PE is required.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences, and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians, and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
How to apply:
Submit resume to email@example.com, referencing job code 21-PE-03NH. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.