Project Engineer – Transportation/Civil
Eastern Massachusetts / full-time / CIV-21-00006
Are you ready to take on high-profile projects in the Civil/Transportation Engineering field? Our Norwood, Massachusetts office has an immediate opening for a Project Engineer to join our team working on a variety of exciting projects and providing a great opportunity for your career growth. The ideal candidate must be a driven, enthusiastic, organized, detail-oriented engineer ready to move to the next stage of their career. This position will play a key role in servicing our growing client base across New England by providing a key role in the technical design and development of projects while overseeing and mentoring younger staff. Collaboration within and between multiple disciplines within the company is required.
- Provide technical assistance and manage technical aspects on multiple and a variety of transportation and transportation related projects
- Perform detailed engineering tasks, such as the design, review/preparation of contract documents, development of construction cost estimates and specifications
- Provide responsive client service and strong communication, both internally and externally
- Work as part of our overall design team, providing technical support to offices located throughout New England
- Travel within New England, as needed
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A strong background in transportation/civil engineering
- A strong knowledge and experience working with AutoCAD 3D, AASHTO and MassDOT design policy guidelines and requirements
- Familiarity with highway design, stormwater management, ADA compliance
- An understanding of roadway construction practices
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- The ability to mentor and train younger staff
You will have the opportunity to:
- Bring your career to the next level
- Contribute to project decisions regarding technical approach, cost, and meeting project milestone schedules
- Work and interact with your team to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget
- Gain hands-on training to become a successful project manager
Education and Experience:
- Must have 5 to 10 years of engineering related experience (transportation/roadway/traffic design)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- PE is preferred.
About BETA Group, Inc.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Boston, Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
BETA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now