Project Engineer – Transportation/Highway
New Hampshire / full-time / TRA-21-00001
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity at a well-respected, growing firm? Take the next step in your career at BETA. We have an immediate opening for an experienced Project Engineer in our Manchester office. In this role, you will work alongside industry-leading engineers, planners, and landscape architects on high-profile transportation projects throughout New England.
- Manage and provide technical assistance and design on a variety of transportation and transportation related projects
- Perform detailed engineering tasks, including design, review/preparation of contract documents, and development of construction cost estimates and specifications
- Provide responsive client service and strong communication, both internally and externally
- Delegate and oversee tasks given to junior engineers
- Work as part of our overall design team, providing technical support to offices located throughout New England
- Travel within New England, as needed
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A strong background in transportation/civil engineering
- A strong knowledge and experience working with Microstation, In-Roads or Open-Roads, AASHTO and NHDOT design policy guidelines and requirements. Knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is a plus.
- Familiarity with highway design, stormwater management, ADA compliance
- An understanding of roadway construction practices
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- The ability to mentor and train younger staff
- Construction observation and administration experience a plus
You will have the opportunity to:
- Bring your career to the next level
- Contribute to project decisions regarding technical approach, cost, and meeting project milestone schedules
- Work and interact with your team to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget
- Gain hands-on training to become a successful project manager
Education and Experience:
- Must have 3 to 7 years of engineering related experience (transportation/roadway)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- FE is required, PE is preferred.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences, and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians, and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
BETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now