Project Environmental / Wetland Scientist
Corporate Office: Rhode Island / full-time / ENV-22-00014
Are you ready to take an active role working in the field on high-profile projects in the environmental science and engineering field? Our team has an immediate opening for a full time Environmental/Wetland Scientist to join our rapidly growing team with a variety of exciting projects in progress. Don’t miss this opportunity to work with and learn from industry-leading scientists and engineers while contributing to the success and growth of an expanding, employee-owned firm. This position will be based in our Lincoln, RI office.
- Prepare various environmental science and natural resources technical documents associated with, civil, transportation, water, wastewater, structural and landscape architectural projects.
- Knowledge and experience with RIDEM and CRMC Regulations
- Prepare NEPA documents and applications to state and federal agencies
- Perform wetland and jurisdictional water delineations
- Conduct wildlife habitat impact assessments
- Conduct bat presence/absence (PIA) surveys and assessments
- Perform environmental permitting feasibility studies.
Education and Experience
- Must have a BS in Environmental Science, Biology, Engineering, or a related field
- 7 to 10+ years’ relevant experience, preferably in the State of Rhode Island
- Presentation skills and experience
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, GIS, PowerPoint etc.) are a must
You will have the opportunity to
- Bring your career to the next level.
- Contribute to project decisions regarding technical approach, cost, and meeting project milestone schedules.
- Work and interact with your team to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget
- Conduct project presentations and build client service skills
- Interact with clients, and local and state agencies
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with generous company contributions
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) -100% Employee-Owned Firm
About the Organization
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office engineering, landscape architecture, and planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering and planning, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences, environmental permitting, and construction services. BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of engineers, scientists, biologists, planners, climate change and resiliency managers, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers.
BETA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now