Are you a motivated and career-oriented creative designer? We have an immediate full time opening at our Norwood office. Come join our multi-disciplinary team as we work on rewarding projects throughout the region. Are you ready to see what a career at BETA looks like?
- Thrive in a supportive team environment with a collaborative approach to design
- Be challenged and expand your talents
- Participate in the growth of the landscape architecture practice in Norwood and companywide
- Share in the growth of our employee owned (ESOP) company
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Site visits, evaluation, and analysis
- Prepare schematic packages, conceptual designs, and master plans
- Prepare presentation graphics and renderings. Hand drawing skills are a plus!
- Prepare construction drawings including layout and materials plans, site detailing, planting, and grading plans
- Work with engineers to deliver an integrated approach to project success
- Prepare specifications and cost estimates
- Interact with clients and collaborate with various disciplines, municipalities, and agencies
- Participate at public meetings
- Assist in mentoring of junior staff
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA) from an accredited program. Master’s degree is a plus!
- 6+ years of experience
- Landscape Architecture license in Massachusetts
- Must have strong design and graphic skills
- Must have strong communication, written, and oral presentations skills
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, InDesign, Lumion, and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in site and planting design, grading, detailing, and cost estimating
- Understanding of construction practices
At BETA, each employee is a vital team member. In fact, our Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) is a key component for engineering success and improving communities together. Our philosophy is that when you own a part of the company, you have a vested interest in seeing it succeed. In order to support a culture of growth and professional development, we offer training and educational support and encourage participation in professional societies and associations. Additionally, we support the well-being of all employees through our Corporate Wellness Program, and involvement in charitable groups and activities. The long tenure of many BETA staff members is indicative of the positive culture that BETA strives to provide for all employees.
BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.