Project Manager – Environmental Services
Rhode Island & Eastern Massachusetts & Central Massachusetts / full-time / ENV-22-00001
Are you ready to take an active role working in the field on high-profile projects in the environmental science and engineering field? Our team has an immediate opening for a project manager to join our rapidly growing team with a variety of exciting projects in progress. Don’t miss this opportunity to work with industry-leading scientists and engineers while contributing to the success and growth of an expanding, employee-owned firm. The ideal candidate will work on environmental projects as well as provide environmental services as part of larger infrastructure projects. This position could be based out of one of three office locations – Worcester, MA, Norwood, MA, or Lincoln, RI.
- Site inspections
- Records research
- Coordination and oversight of field activities (soil boring advancement, ground water monitoring well installation, subslab soil gas installation, ground water elevation surveys, etc.)
- Media sampling & analysis, data reduction
- Technical report writing
- MassDEP / MCP regulatory submittals
- Data collection, field studies, estimating, calculations and project file management
- Business development
- Proposal preparation
- Perform other duties, as assigned/requested
Skills and Abilities Required
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to interact with clients, and local and state agencies
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, GIS, etc.) are a must
- Experience with CADD is a plus
- Driver’s license required
- Ability to work in the field
- Be willing to travel to adjoining states as workload requires
Education and Experience
- BS in environmental science, engineering or a related science field
- 7-10+ years of experience conducting ASTM and MADEP related assessment and remedial activities.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office engineering, landscape architecture, and planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering and planning, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design, & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences, and construction services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of engineers, scientists, planners, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
BETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now