Experienced Receptionist/Administrative Assistant needed for growing engineering firm. We have an opportunity for an energetic, assertive, and driven individual who possesses excellent organizational, written, and oral communication skills. The ideal team member is reliable, flexible, results-oriented, committed to providing excellent customer service, optimistic, a team player, an out of the box thinker, and a problem solver who is always looking for ways to improve processes.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Greet and screen incoming visitors
- Primarily responsible for answering, screening and directing incoming calls
- Sort and distribute daily mail and package deliveries
- Handle outgoing mail and overnight mail services (FedEx)
- Forward incoming documents and assist with outgoing faxes
- Maintain a general organization, order, and neatness of the office’s general areas
- Track and coordinate employee training
- Coordinate with building management for maintenance, repair, or other issues
- Track and maintain adequate inventory of office supplies; order, organize and store supplies
- Sign out and track field equipment
- Contact vendors for preventative maintenance or service (copiers, vending machines, postage meter)
- Track usage of office Mastercard requests and reconcile monthly
- Maintain and organize the central files, set-up new project folders, periodically archive projects, maintain off-site storage
- Collect and organize employee time cards, expense reports and check requests
- Coordinate webinars, including webinar set-up, conference rooms, food orders, room set-up and clean-up
- Assist with contract preparation, formatting & maintaining electronic contract files, coordinate and obtain certificates of insurance
- Collect and enter vacation requests / schedules and update Outlook calendar
- Coordinate with HR Department on updated / required employee notices; organize and maintain office bulletin board
- Organize and coordinate office food drives, charity collections etc.
This is a full-time position working Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (with 1 hour for lunch)
The ideal team member:
The ideal team member will work well under pressure, possess a friendly and courteous demeanor, have an honest and energetic work ethic, have the ability to multi-task and solve problems, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, is highly motivated, self-starter, is extremely organized, has the ability to relate to all levels of management, is team focused, is enthusiastic, has a high level of accuracy, has common sense, and has excellent attention to detail.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Prior experience working in a professional office in a similar role preferred
- Technologically savvy and able to learn new programs quickly
- MUST be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Equivalent of a High School education required.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH, and employs a staff of over 170 including engineers, scientists, planners, landscape designers, technicians, construction managers and executive and administrative personnel.
BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401(k), life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and ESOP options.
Submit Resume to email@example.com, referencing job code: 20-REC/AA-02MG.
PLEASE INCLUDE SALARY REQUIREMENTS.