We are currently looking for a senior level individual to lead the continued expansion and growth of BETA in northern New England. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and motivated person to perform the duties of Northern New England Regional Manager and play a key role in servicing and growing our client base and reputation within New Hampshire, Maine, and Vermont. This candidate must be driven, enthusiastic, highly organized, detail-oriented, and ready to move to the next stage of their career.
Provide day-to-day operational oversight of the Manchester office reporting to BETA’s Senior Vice Presidents and Executive Committee. Undertake a leadership role in expanding our client base through various business development and client care activities.
- With the assistance of BETA’s Executive Committee and Marketing/Business Development teams, develop targeted business and action plans to implement growth strategies.
- Champion sales and marketing activities. Identify opportunities and manage team efforts for submittals, proposals, presentations, and related activities.
- Maintain and expand client and teaming partner relationships and develop strategic teaming partnerships.
- Maintain effective communication with the Executive Committee and Marketing/Business Development regarding pursuits, positioning and initiatives.
- Represent the firm at client meetings, industry events, and other business-related functions.
- Develop relationships with local leaders and take active leadership roles in local professional organizations.
- Oversee Manchester office operations to achieve established office metrics.
- Assure office compliance with corporate operational policies and procedures.
- Provide effective communication and teamwork to ensure client communication, satisfaction and quality deliverables.
- Supervise and assist, as needed, Project Managers and support staff.
- Maintain staff development and training, including oversight of career development and annual performance evaluations.
- Coordinate staff retention and hiring activities with HR and Executive Committee.
- Work with other Office Managers to support staff utilization and inter-office work-sharing efforts.
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A strong background in civil engineering consulting services.
- Excellent skills in leadership, oral and written communications, planning and implementing teamwork, decision making, judgment and problem solving.
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments and oversee and mentor staff.
- Regional travel will be required (New England).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, or advanced degree, in Civil or Environmental Engineering preferred.
- NH PE is required, ME, VT and MA also desirable.
- Must have 15+ years of engineering related experience (transportation / roadway / traffic / structural).
- Experience should include office / business unit management, marketing and business development, mentoring and staff development, and other leadership roles.
- Knowledge and excellent working relationships with NHDOT and New Hampshire municipalities.
- LPA Certified.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 21-RM-04MG. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.