Are you a self-starter who likes to contribute to a team atmosphere? Are you stifled by or feeling lost in a large firm environment? Does working on a variety of projects throughout New England sound appealing? Do you love to learn and share that knowledge? If so, BETA offers a better place for you advance your career. From high profile projects to learning about and implementing innovative technology, BETA is forming partnerships with of our clients and Improving Communities Together.
We are searching for a senior-level Traffic Engineer to join our team and contribute to keeping us at the forefront of our industry. Our work environment is collaborative and supportive to professional career development and pursuits. This position is based in our Norwood, MA Office.
The main responsibilities:
Lead and perform a broad range of traffic engineering duties, including operational and safety studies, corridor and circulation studies, parking studies, access management, safety audits and report writing. Develop solutions and prepare contract drawings/documents for traffic/roadway improvements including pedestrian and bicycle facilities, temporary traffic control and staging plans, and other design solutions for agencies and communities. Typical projects range from minor to complex intersections, interchanges, urban arterials, downtown urban and village settings, to neighborhood traffic calming programs.
Work collaboratively as part of multi-discipline teams. Our in-house professionals include experts in permitting, roadway and stormwater designers, landscape architects and utility engineers.
The fine print:
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Masters in Civil Engineering a plus
- PE Registration in MA required, Other NE states a plus
- PTOE Certification
- Working knowledge of MassDOT requirements
- Ability to write and prepare reports
- Experience with public presentations
- Proficiency with AutoCAD/Civil 3D/ArcGIS
- Proficiency in a range traffic software, Proficiency in Vissim a plus
- Experience with the Highway Safety Manual, Safety Certifications a plus
- IMSA Signal certification a plus
- 12+ years of experience
BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.