BETA has been leader in providing asset management and GIS solutions to municipalities and state agencies for over a decade. Our clients turn to us for comprehensive GIS and asset management solutions that enable them to prioritize needs, allocate funds appropriately, and address concerns efficiently. Our technology and expertise allow us to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
The ideal candidate must be an enthusiastic, highly organized, detail-oriented manager to join our growing team of Asset Management Specialists, GIS Analysts, Engineers and Planners. This senior level position plays a key role in servicing our growing customer base across New England while providing technical expertise to our in-house GIS team. The position requires a passion for public works asset management software, as well as the ability to get down into the details without losing sight of the big picture.
The main responsibilities:
- Handle multiple ongoing projects at once and provide superior client service, strong communication both internally and externally, and manage the technical aspects of the project or tasks assigned to you
- Work with multiple municipal clients, with a focus on Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Connecticut
- Participate in business development, project decisions regarding technical approach, cost and scheduling performance
- Working as part of our overall GIS team, provide technical support to offices located throughout New England
- Some travel may be required
Skills & Abilities:
- A strong background with ESRI’s ArcGIS platform, web based applications, GPS equipment (Leica, Trimble) and MS Access
- Asset management concepts with a focus on pavement management, ADA, MUTCD and stormwater
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills is a must.
- The ability to manage multiple assignments and clients
- General understanding of business metrics, including billable targets, multipliers and profitability
- Public outreach and community presentations experience is a plus
The fine print:
- Must have 7+ years of asset management, GIS, engineering or related experience
- Familiarity with pavement management principles, ADA compliance and engineering guidelines/standards
- Strong oral presentation, communication, and teamwork skills are essential
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Geospatial Technology, Planning or related field is preferred
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 18-GAMP-01TG. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Candidates must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.
Why you want this job:
BETA offers excellent benefits, along with profit sharing opportunities via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan structure. We will give you professional flexibility to pursue opportunities and build your project portfolio. You will be an integral part of the firm’s expansion. You have a future here.
About BETA Group, Inc.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering and Landscape Architecture firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Landscape Architecture, GIS/Asset Management, and the Environmental Sciences.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, MA; Worcester, MA; Hartford, CT; Manchester, NH; and Chicopee, MA and employs a staff of over 160 including Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians and Construction Managers. We are an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and ESOP options. BETA is ranked by Engineering News-Record in the Top 500 Design firms.