Are you a motivated and career-minded creative designer looking for a new challenge? BETA Group, Inc. has an immediate full time opening in our Norwood, Massachusetts office for a talented landscape architect with a collaborative approach to design who will thrive in BETA’s team-oriented environment. This role will provide you with the opportunity to quickly move forward on a project management career path as you play an active role in the growth and success of BETA’s landscape architecture practice. Come join our multi-disciplinary, employee-owned firm as we work on award-winning projects throughout the region.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Site visits, evaluation and analysis
- Prepare schematic packages, conceptual designs and Master Plans
- Prepare presentation graphics and renderings. Hand drawing skills are a plus!
- Prepare construction document computer drawings including layout and materials plans, site detailing, planting and grading plans
- Work with engineers to deliver an integrated approach to project success
- Prepare specifications and cost estimates
- Interact with clients and collaborate with varied disciplines, municipalities, and agencies
- Participate at public meetings
- Assist in mentoring of junior staff as the landscape architecture group grows
- Assist with business development efforts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA) from an accredited program. Master’s degree is a plus!
- 12 to 15 years of experience
- Registered Landscape Architect in Massachusetts (other state licenses are a plus)
- Must have exceptional design and graphic skills
- Must have strong communication, written, and oral presentation skills and experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, InDesign, Lumion, and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in site and planting design, grading, detailing, and cost estimating
- Experience in construction support services
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design, & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences, and construction services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of engineers, scientists, planners, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.