Senior Landscape Architect
Eastern Massachusetts / full-time / URB-22-00001
Are you a motivated and career-minded creative landscape architect looking for a new challenge? BETA Group, Inc. has an immediate full time opening in our Norwood, Massachusetts office for an experienced and talented landscape architect with a collaborative approach to design who will thrive in BETA’s team-oriented environment. This role will provide you with the opportunity to play an active role in the growth and success of BETA’s landscape architecture practice. Come join our multi-disciplinary, employee-owned firm as we work on award-winning projects throughout the region.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, those listed below:
- Site evaluation and analysis
- Prepare schematic designs and Master Plans
- Prepare presentation graphics and renderings. Hand drawing skills are a plus!
- Prepare construction document and specifications
- Work with engineers to deliver an integrated approach to project success
- Prepare cost estimates and phasing plans
- Interact with clients and collaborate with varied disciplines, municipalities, and agencies
- Participate at public meetings
- Assist in mentoring of junior staff as the landscape architecture group grows
- Assist with business development efforts
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture (BLA) from an accredited program. Master’s degree is a plus!
- Minimum 12 to 15 years of experience. More is a plus!
- Registered Landscape Architect in Massachusetts (other state licenses are a plus)
- Must have exceptional design and graphic skills
- Must have strong communication, written, and oral presentation skills and experience
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch-Up, InDesign, Lumion, and Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in site and planting design, grading, detailing, and cost estimating
- Experience in construction support services
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office engineering, landscape architecture, and planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering and planning, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design, & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences, and construction services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of engineers, scientists, planners, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
BETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now