From V2I to P2P to ATSPM, the world of traffic engineering is rapidly changing. BETA is at the forefront of these technological advancements and is looking to grow our team of talented staff who thrive on innovation and problem solving. We have a key opening for a progressive Traffic Engineer proficient in the design of signals and signal systems. BETA has a considerable traffic engineering practice with a broad range of projects and applications of the latest signal technologies.
The main responsibilities
This Senior Traffic Engineer will be responsible for assignments that include signal design, system design, and traffic engineering and design. Key responsibilities will be on the application and pursuit of advancements in the latest traffic technologies such as adaptive signal systems, Peer to Peer (P2P) signal operation, Automated Traffic Signal Performance Measures (ATSPM), and Vehicle to Infrastructure (V2I) deployment.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering is required
- PE Registration in MA is required
- PTOE is preferred
- IMSA Traffic Inspection Certification is required
- Working knowledge of MassDOT requirements is required
- Proficiency with traffic analysis and modeling and knowledgeable about traffic signal equipment and controller menu
- Ability to perform on-site signal equipment/operational diagnostic services
- 10 to 15 years of experience is ideal
BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.