BETA is seeking a Manager of Sustainability to integrate climate change, resiliency, and adaptation planning into a wide range of projects and lead a team of planners, engineers, and scientists for our diverse array of municipal and agency clients throughout New England. This is a senior level position.
Sustainability and resiliency planning are at the core of many of our projects, including transportation, land use and municipal planning, water and wastewater infrastructure, environmental sciences, and hazard mitigation. With government regulations changing frequently, we understand the critical importance of having staff dedicated to evaluating the impacts of these environmental policies and regulations on project planning and engineering design.
The ideal candidate will have experience with coastal resiliency and restoration, improving flood resiliency, watershed planning, hazard mitigation planning, flood mitigation planning, sea level rise planning, green/gray coastal design, sustainability practices, open space design, preparedness planning, successful community and stakeholder outreach, GIS, and grant writing.
- Develop and manage projects from conception through implementation, in collaboration with internal team members and external stakeholders.
- Advise on strategy and contribute creatively to Climate Action Planning and Sustainability Plan framework.
- Research, draft, edit, and create content on sustainability and municipal planning-related topics for diverse audiences in a variety of formats.
- Plan and staff working group meetings and related events.
- Identify and develop business opportunities including a sustainability service line.
- Foster relationships with Federal, State and municipal clients.
Skills & Abilities:
- Passionate about finding practical and creative solutions for climate change challenges.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of sustainability industry trends.
- Excellent relationship building, interpersonal, communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to think critically, solve problems and conduct research and analysis.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a larger team.
- Possess creativity, enthusiasm, high energy and ability to initiate creative ideas and deliver results in a constantly changing environment.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
The fine print:
- Must have 15+ years of experience with at least 5 years directly related to Resiliency, Sustainability, Planning, or Engineering in the northeast
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Municipal Planning or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Certified Floodplain Manager and/or AICP certification is a plus
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 20-SM-01RB. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Candidates must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.
Why you want this job:
BETA offers excellent benefits, along with profit sharing opportunities via our Employee Stock Ownership Plan structure. We will give you professional flexibility to pursue opportunities and build your project portfolio.
This position will provide you an opportunity to take on more responsibility and continue to grow your career. You will have the ability to work in a team-oriented environment and be exposed to a variety of engineering related projects.
About BETA Group, Inc.
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.