Central Massachusetts / full-time /
BETA is seeking a senior wetland scientist our environmental permitting, ecological, and climate resilience group. This position will serve as a subject matter leader on the permitting team, working on a variety of projects that interface with natural and wildlife resources. The position provides a variety of office and field opportunities, working with industry experts and clients in providing sustainable and environmentally sensitive solutions.
- Permit projects in accordance with local, state, and federal regulations
- Conduct inland/coastal resource area delineations, special resource habitat, and NLEB surveys
- Monitor projects for environmental compliance
- Conduct field and desktop reviews and prepare technical reports
- Conduct peer reviews in support of Conservation Commissions, Planning, and Zoning Boards
- Assess project environmental impacts, mitigation opportunities, and environmental compliance
- Engage in business development opportunities
- Support, mentor, and teach junior staff
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in environmental science, policy, biology, or related field
- 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification, or ability to obtain
- Demonstrated knowledge of local, state, and federal wetland regulatory programs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in public presentations
- Familiarity with GPS field instruments and data collection
- Ability to coordinate with clients, contractors, and regulators
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of programs, ArcMap, and other relevant software
- BETA encourages and promotes employee advancement and career development
- Leads to potential advancement to project management or more senior positions
Preferred location is BETA’s Worcester office, with flexibility to work from our other office locations. BETA also offers a hybrid work schedule, allowing employees to work in-office or remotely up to 2 days per week.
BETA Group, Inc. is a New England based consultant engineering firm and leader in the fields of transportation, traffic, structural, civil/site, and water/wastewater engineering; landscape architecture; urban design and planning; GIS/asset management; environmental sciences and permitting; and construction services. BETA offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package and is 100% employee-owned providing an Employee Stock Ownership Plan to all employees.
BETA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the USA without sponsorship.
How to Apply
Send resume to Jobs@BETA-Inc.com.