Corporate Office: Rhode Island / full-time /
BETA is seeking an experienced highway engineer to join our team. This position will play a key role in performing highway design, developing contract plans and documents, and mentoring junior staff. This position will also collaborate across our multiple service areas, assist with business development, project pursuits, and coordinate projects with our clients.
- Perform engineering design, review, and preparation of contract documents
- Provide technical oversight mentoring junior staff
- Prepare and review contract documents and reports
- Collaborate with design team members and provide technical support
- Provide client service and assist with proposal pursuits
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering, or related field
- Professional Engineer license, preferred
- 5 to 10 years of related engineering experience in highway design, stormwater management, ADA compliance, and roadway construction practices
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil3D and Microstation OpenRoads Designer
- Experience with MUTCD, AASHTO, RIDOT design requirements
- Experience with RIDEM and CRMC permitting regulations
- BETA encourages and promotes employee advancement and career development
- Leads to potential advancement to more senior technical positions and project management
Preferred location is BETA’s Lincoln office, with flexibility to work from our other office locations. BETA also offers a hybrid work schedule, allowing employees to work in-office or remotely up to 2 days per week.
BETA Group, Inc. is a New England based consultant engineering firm and leader in the fields of transportation, traffic, structural, civil/site, and water/wastewater engineering; landscape architecture; urban design and planning; GIS/asset management; environmental sciences and permitting; and construction services. BETA offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package and is 100% employee-owned providing an Employee Stock Ownership Plan to all employees.
BETA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the USA without sponsorship.
How to Apply
Send resume to Jobs@BETA-Inc.com.