The City of Worcester is on the rise, and so is BETA’s Worcester office with exciting new projects and opportunities for growth. We are currently hiring a Senior Project Engineer to contribute to the expansion and success of our firm in the Worcester region. This is a major opportunity for an experienced and motivated engineer looking to advance their career into a leadership position.
The ideal candidate must be a driven, enthusiastic, highly organized, detail-oriented engineer ready to move to the next stage of their career. This position will play a key role in servicing our growing client base across New England while providing technical expertise. The position will require the candidate to learn at a fast pace and utilize their engineering experience and knowledge to recognize and connect opportunities between multiple disciplines within BETA.
- Provide technical assistance and manage technical aspects on a variety of transportation, pavement management, ADA, and stormwater related projects.
- Perform engineering related tasks, such as the design, review/preparation of contract documents and the development of construction cost estimates
- Handle multiple projects at once providing superior client service and strong communication, both internally and externally
- Work with multiple municipal and agency clients, with a focus on Massachusetts
- Present project findings at client meetings
- Work as part of our overall design team, providing technical support to offices located throughout New England
- Regional travel will be required (New England
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A strong background in transportation/civil engineering
- A working knowledge and experience working with MassDOT design standards and standard specifications
- Familiarity with roadway design, stormwater management, ADA compliance, and pavement engineering guidelines/standards
- An understanding of roadway construction practices
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
You will have the opportunity to:
- Bring your career to the next level
- Contribute to project decisions regarding technical approach, cost, and scheduling performance
- Work and interact with clients to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget
- Gain hands on training to become a successful project manager
Education and Experience:
- Must have 8+ years of engineering related experience (transportation/roadway/traffic design)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- PE is required
BETA Group, Inc. was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation engineering, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water and wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, GIS/asset management, and environmental services. BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Worcester, Norwood, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH and employs a staff of over 175. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, flexible spending accounts and ESOP options.
BETA has been a leader in providing civil engineering and transportation planning and design services to municipalities and state agencies for over 35 years. Our clients turn to us for solutions that enable them to prioritize their needs, allocate funds appropriately, and address concerns efficiently. Our technology and expertise allow us to improve mobility, enhance communities and economic vitality, and balance development and infrastructure needs with environmental stewardship.
How to apply:
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, referencing job code 20-SPE-05MG. BETA Group, Inc. does not sponsor Visas. Must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.