Senior Project Engineer
Connecticut / full-time /
BETA is seeking an experienced senior highway engineer to join our team. This position will play a key role in performing and overseeing technical designs, development of projects from conceptual to final design, oversee the preparation of contract plans and documents, mentor staff, and perform business development, project pursuits, and client management.
- Perform, manage, and oversee engineering design on transportation and highway projects
- Technical design lead on concurrent projects
- Perform detailed engineering design, review, and prepare contract documents
- Provide responsive client service through strong and expeditious communication
- Mentor junior staff to enhance their knowledge and advance their career development
- Attend and present at client and public meetings
- Perform business development and manage project pursuits
- Collaborate across internal disciplines and office locations
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- Professional Engineer license preferred
- 8 to 15 years of related engineering experience in highway, civil and transportation, stormwater management, and ADA compliance projects
- Demonstrated strong background in highway engineering
- Proficient with AutoCAD Civil3D and Microstation OpenRoads Designer
- Experience with MUTCD, AASHTO, and CTDOT design policy guidelines and requirements
- BETA encourages and promotes employee advancement and career development
- Leads to potential advancement to project management or more senior technical positions
Preferred location is BETA’s Hartford office, with flexibility to work from our other office locations. BETA also offers a hybrid work schedule, allowing employees to work in-office or remotely up to 2 days per week.
BETA Group, Inc. is a New England based consultant engineering firm and leader in the fields of transportation, traffic, structural, civil/site, and water/wastewater engineering; landscape architecture; urban design and planning; GIS/asset management; environmental sciences and permitting; and construction services. BETA offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package and is 100% employee-owned providing an Employee Stock Ownership Plan to all employees.
BETA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the USA without sponsorship.
How to Apply
Send resume to Jobs@BETA-Inc.com.