Senior Project Engineer
Central Massachusetts / full-time / TRA-21-00003
The City of Worcester is on the rise, and so is BETA’s Worcester office with exciting new projects and opportunities for growth. We are currently hiring a Senior Project Engineer to contribute to the expansion and success of our firm in the Worcester region. This is a major opportunity for an experienced and motivated engineer looking to advance their career into a leadership position.
The ideal candidate must be a driven, enthusiastic, highly organized, detail-oriented engineer ready to move to the next stage of their career. This position will play a key role in servicing our growing client base across New England while providing technical expertise. The position will require the candidate to learn at a fast pace and utilize their engineering experience and knowledge to recognize and connect opportunities between multiple disciplines within BETA.
- Provide technical assistance and manage technical aspects on a variety of transportation, pavement management, ADA, and stormwater related projects.
- Perform engineering related tasks, such as the design, review/preparation of contract documents and the development of construction cost estimates
- Handle multiple projects at once providing superior client service and strong communication, both internally and externally
- Work with multiple municipal and agency clients, with a focus on Massachusetts
- Present project findings at client meetings
- Work as part of our overall design team, providing technical support to offices located throughout New England
- Regional travel will be required (New England
Skills and Abilities Required:
- A strong background in transportation/civil engineering
- A working knowledge and experience working with MassDOT design standards and standard specifications
- Familiarity with roadway design, stormwater management, ADA compliance, and pavement engineering guidelines/standards
- An understanding of roadway construction practices
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments
You will have the opportunity to:
- Bring your career to the next level
- Contribute to project decisions regarding technical approach, cost, and scheduling performance
- Work and interact with clients to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget
- Gain hands on training to become a successful project manager
Education and Experience:
- Must have 8+ years of engineering related experience (transportation/roadway/traffic design)
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related field
- PE is required
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office Engineering, Landscape Architecture, and Planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of Transportation/Traffic Engineering, Civil/Site Engineering, Structural Engineering, Water/Wastewater Engineering, Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, & Planning, GIS/Asset Management, Environmental Sciences, and Construction Services.
BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of Engineers, Scientists, Planners, Landscape Designers, Technicians, and Construction Managers. BETA is an AA/EOE Employer and offers an exceptional compensation package including accrued vacation, medical, dental, 401k, life insurance, and flexible spending accounts.
BETA is pleased to provide an Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) to all employees. As a 100% employee-owned firm, we believe this important retirement benefit also recognizes and motivates our team members’ hard work which has allowed BETA to grow and prosper.
BETA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now