Connecticut / full-time /
BETA is seeking an experienced traffic engineer to join our team. This position will play a key role in performing traffic and transportation design and developing contract plans.
- Perform engineering design for traffic analysis, traffic signal sequencing, phasing and timing, and traffic modeling and simulation
- Prepare engineering plans for traffic signals, intersection geometry, pavement markings and signage, temporary traffic control and construction staging plans
- Assist in the preparation of contract documents, including plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Lead technical tasks on various traffic and transportation projects
- Collaborate with design team members
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering
- 4+ years of related engineering experience in traffic and transportation projects
- Fundamentals in Engineering (FE / EIT) certification
- Professional Engineer license desirable
- Demonstrated strong background in traffic and transportation engineering
- Proficiency in Synchro/SimTraffic (Vissim experience is advantageous)
- Experience working with AutoCAD Civil3D and Microstation OpenRoads
- Knowledge of MUTCD, AASHTO and CTDOT design policy guidelines and requirements
- BETA encourages and promotes employee advancement and career development
- Leads to potential advancement to more senior technical positions
Preferred location is BETA’s Hartford office, with flexibility to work from our other office locations. BETA also offers a hybrid work schedule, allowing employees to work in-office or remotely up to 2 days per week.
BETA Group, Inc. is a New England based consultant engineering firm and leader in the fields of transportation, traffic, structural, civil/site, and water/wastewater engineering; landscape architecture; urban design and planning; GIS/asset management; environmental sciences and permitting; and construction services. BETA offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package and is 100% employee-owned providing an Employee Stock Ownership Plan to all employees.
BETA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the USA without sponsorship.
How to Apply
Send resume to Jobs@BETA-Inc.com.