Central Massachusetts / full-time / ENV-22-00016
Are you ready to take an active role working in the field on high-profile projects in the environmental science and natural resources field? BETA’s Environmental Sciences Group of 25+ full time professionals have an immediate opening for Staff Scientist to join our rapidly growing Environmental Permitting and Ecological Services team with a variety of exciting natural resources, environmental sciences and engineering/transportation projects in progress. The successful candidate will be based out of BETA’s Worcester office and will report directly to Project Managers in that office.
Support mid and senior staff in a variety of tasks, including:
- Preparing various environmental science and natural resources technical documents associated with BETA’s civil, traffic, structural and landscape architecture projects.
- Conducting field and desktop identification of sensitive environmental resources.
- Providing project design assistance to ensure the protection of the natural environment.
- Reviewing project designs to accurately document environmental impacts, identify mitigation opportunities, and document compliance with various local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Conducting wetland and other resource area delineations.
- Preparing local, state, and federal permit applications.
- Conducting GPS field surveys.
Education and Experience:
- BS in Environmental Science, Policy, Biology, Engineering, or a related field
- Excellent written communication skills
- Presentation skills and experience
- Familiarity with GPS field instruments and processes
- Ability to record and reduce field notes
- Excellent time management, and ability to manage multiple assignments
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, , ArcMap, PowerPoint etc.) are a must
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with industry experts in environmental permitting, wetland science, and climate resilience.
- Work and interact with the permitting team to solve problems and complete projects on time and on budget.
- Enjoy a mix of office and field time to support projects from field to finish.
- Coordinate directly with contractors and regulators in field settings including active construction sites.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans with generous company contributions
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Professional Development
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) -100% Employee-Owned Firm
About the Organization
BETA Group, Inc., a multi-office engineering, landscape architecture, and planning firm, was established in 1982 and has grown to become a regional leader in the fields of transportation/traffic engineering and planning, civil/site engineering, structural engineering, water/wastewater engineering, landscape architecture, urban design, & planning, GIS/asset management, environmental sciences, environmental permitting, and construction services. BETA has offices in Lincoln, RI; Norwood, Worcester, and Chicopee, MA; Hartford, CT; and Manchester, NH; and employs a staff of engineers, scientists, biologists, planners, climate change and resiliency managers, landscape designers, technicians, and construction managers.
BETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. BETA does not sponsor Visas. Applicants must be eligible for employment in the United States of America.Apply Now