New Hampshire / full-time / ENV-23-00004
BETA is seeking a wetland scientist in our environmental permitting, ecological, and climate resilience group. This position will initially be a full-time field position in Campton, NH performing environmental compliance monitoring on a linear utility replacement project.
- Review and understand project construction documents and requirements
- Perform environmental compliance monitoring in accordance with local, state, and federal environmental permits and certificates
- Maintain environmental compliance matrix and prepare compliance reports
- Attend routine construction coordination meetings
- Conduct routine field visits
- Bachelor’s or Masters in Environmental Science, Policy, Biology, Engineering, or related field
- 1 to 4 years of relevant experience in environmental compliance monitoring, wetland protection, erosion and sedimentation control, and stormwater management
- NH Certified Wetland Specialist (CWS) or Professional Wetland Scientist (PWS) certification, or ability to obtain, preferred
- Experience monitoring and ensuring compliance under EPA’s Construction Stormwater General Permit
- Experience working with contractors and regulators in a field setting and active construction site
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills and ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, ArcMap, PowerPoint etc.)
- BETA encourages and promotes employee advancement and career development
- Leads to potential advancement to more senior positions within our Environmental Permitting service area
This position will be based in the field in Campton, NH transitioning to a similar field-based assignments and environmental permitting projects in New Hampshire and Massachusetts.
BETA Group, Inc. is a New England based consultant engineering firm and leader in the fields of transportation, traffic, structural, civil/site, and water/wastewater engineering; landscape architecture; urban design and planning; GIS/asset management; environmental sciences and permitting; and construction services. BETA offers an exceptional compensation and benefits package and is 100% employee-owned providing an Employee Stock Ownership Plan to all employees.
How to Apply:
Send resume to Jobs@BETA-Inc.com